Application Forms & Requirements: International Students
Review of completed applications begins January 15th each year and continues until all positions are filled. Application by February 1st is strongly encouraged. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Later applications will be considered through March 15th so long as positions remain available. Applications completed by February 1st may be considered for University Fellowships.
- Completed Application: Online Application
- Official Transcript (You may upload unofficial copies of transcripts to expedite review of your application. Please supply one transcript for each college/university attended.)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Score from ETS (General Test) - Institution code 2823 (A GRE verbal score of at least 152 (old grading scale: at least 475)
- Official TOEFL Score from ETS - Institution code 2823 (To be competitive, a TOEFL score of 95 or higher (ibt) is recommended; a speak score of at least 22 is required.)
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Fee: $75
It is expected that applicants will receive a bachelors degree in chemistry, biochemistry or a related field (with appropriate coursework in chemistry) prior to beginning the graduate program in chemistry.
International Applicants for the M.S. degree must provide proof of financial support.
Address correspondence to:Enrollment Management Processing Center
Graduate Admissions Processing
P.O. Box 35060
Syracuse, New York 13235-5060
Notification of Admission
You will be notified of a decision on you application as soon as possible. Our department reviews completed application only, unless special circumstances occur. Normally, you will receive a decision regarding your application between February through April for fall admission.